A Lifetime of Library Fun!
Even though you are leaving the University, your learning will not stop and libraries will always be there for you when you need information. Here are ten pieces of information that will help you make the most of the libraries in your life...
- As an Alumni Association Member, you will be able to check out books, not only at UCR but also at any UC.
- If you are local to a research library, you can use their databases while you are in their library.
- Most public libraries have interlibrary loans, just like you had here. Sometimes it is free, sometimes it has a minimal charge. The Riverside Public Library is part of the same Link+ network that we are.
- Any U.S. Citizen can get a library card for the Los Angeles Public Library, and they have many (many) useful online resources. You just have to go there and get a card. (Road Trip)
- A resident of any city in California can become a member of almost any public library in California.
- Google Scholar is a pretty useful way of searching for authoritative information.
- If you plan to go to grad school, get to know your library and librarian(s)
- Many journals now provide open access to their backfiles.
- The Riverside Public Library also has access to the O'Reilly computer Books.
- You can always ask the UCR Librarians for help.