Ten Things You Need to Know about Google Books
10. Google books can be found by going to Google and selecting books from the "more" pull-down menu or by typing books.google.com
9. The people at Google are scanning an amazing number of books from academic libraries throughout the country and making them available completely searchable.
8. Some books have a limited "preview" available for viewing.
7. The Limited preview isn't very limited, and is often a fairly large portion of the book. Sometimes, you might get lucky and the entire chapter you need to read will be there.
6. Printing is disabled for the limited preview.
5. Books out of copyright are available to download and print. To find books that are downloadable, choose "Full view only" from the "Showing" option at the top of the page.
4. They now include magazines, such as Popular Mechanics
3. To find out if we own the book in the Library, click on the "Find this book in a library"
2. The advanced Search allows you to specify author, language, publisher, title, issn, isbn, subject and publication date.
1. Google books might be the very best place to look if you are searching for very specific and yet fairly authoritative information.